Saturday 18 February 2012

Newport Pagnell's famous and historic iron bridge

This is just an initial photo.    I am still struggling to learn how to get the content I want into here.  I do not seem to be able to just paste documents I have composed in Word or Powerpoint where I can precisely control the arrangement of text and pictures that I want to show you.  This is both frustrating me and slowing me down. 

The urgency is to show you the general and travelling public, the defects in so many of our bridges which in some cases endanger you.  In all cases these defects threaten your wallets now and in the future.  Through incompetence and neglect over many years,  a tidal wave of bridge maintainence will soon break over Milton Keynes and district.  As someone who has inspected over 500 of them in my recent job as MKs only Bridge Inspector, I can speak with a certain amount of confidence on this matter.

No-one except the housebound, hospital patients or those in jail can go anywhere in their daily lives without the use of MK's 1200 plus bridges.

This iron bridge is now revealing significant signs of rust as Gary Baxter's excellent photos will show, as I can post them.  

1 comment:

  1. Having asked the question about when this magnificent bridge was built, the answer is in the photograph. Just after I added the photo yesterday morning, Richard my Postman, told me the answer was 1810! He even told me it was started in June that year and finished in September. That's quick!

    ReplyDelete